About the site
We would like to thank everyone involoved in producing Knee Control
- Author: Annica Näsmark
- Film production: MPEG Creative
- Translation: Karen Farley
- Illustrations: Tony Samatas, Metaform
- Photos: John Hellström
© SISU Idrottsböcker, 2020. Last updated in march 2020.
About SISU Idrottsböcker/ SISU Sport Books
Sweden is fortunate to have a wealth of experience and knowledge among those working in the field of health and sport today. The publishing house of SISU Sports Books acts as a medium through which to educate and inspire coaches, athletes, physical therapists and others allied with—or interested in—sport. ‘New knowledge helps the sports world to develop and prosper’.
- To further knowledge of sports. We are the specialist house of sports publications and are an official part of the athletics movement in Sweden.
- To stimulate the learning process. To inspire lifelong learning we gather, process and distribute sports knowledge through various media to reach a wide audience.
- Our ethical and evidence-based publications explore topics of current interest.
- High quality. We engage authors with comprehensive knowledge in their specialist fields, and all of our publications are backed by the expertise and professionalism of our staff.
Our publications cover a great diversity of sports-related subjects. Many have been successfully translated and released by international publishing houses including Human Kinetics, Blackwell Publishing and Harper Collins.
The Folksam Group provides insurance and opportunities for long-term savings.
Quick facts about Folksam
- Folksam was founded in 1908
- We have about 4 million customers
- We settle 600 000 claims every year
- We are 3 633 fulltime employees, about 50% are women and 50% are men
- We have approximately 30 offices throughout Sweden
- Folksam Group´s premium income 2019 was SEK 56 billion
- We insure every second family home and every second person in Sweden
- We insure every fifth car in Sweden
- We are one of Sweden´s largest investment managers with a total of approximetly SEK 455 billion in assets
Folksams core values
Our customers are also our owners
Folksam is a mutual company meaning our customers are also our owners. The profit does not go to shareholders, it stays within the company and benefits us all. In co-operation with our customers we create and provide a variety of solutions for insurance, pension other and long-term savings. Primarily we satisfy the needs shared by many.
Our vision is for our customers to feel secure in a sustainable world. Our goal is to have the most satisfied customers in the insurance and pension industry.
Folksam offers a broad range of products that include personal insurance savings, householders’ and houseowners’ insurance, commercial insurance for cars, boats and pets as well as different types of group insurance for sport organisations, trade unions and other organisations.
Folksam also offers provide a variety of solutions for pension savings and other long-term savings.
Our social reponsibility
We contribute to a long-term sustainable social development through research, information, debate and practical initiatives. We strive to help reduce accidents through a variety of preventive measures within areas such as Health, Environment and Traffic.
Our position as one of Sweden’s biggest asset managers allows us to influence the companies we invest in. We encourage them to take a greater responsibility for the environment, human rights and we do not invest in companies where any of the sales are generated from tobacco production or tobacco products.
Co-operation with trade union parties and sport federations
Folksam has from the start co-operated with the major trade union parties and sport federations in Sweden making it possible to reduce prices by offering group insurance. Through our group home insurance we have contributed to a significant change in the number of uninsured homes. Other group solutions are pension savings, group life, sickness and accident insurance.
Our beginning – the end of social injustice
Folksam was founded in 1908 as a response to great injustices. In the beginning of the 20th century there was a lack of insurance solutions for ordinary people with a low income on the Swedish market. Folksam changed this injustice and offered insurance to everyone and did so to a reasonable price.
If a customer is dissatisfied
If a customer is dissatisfied with Folksam, he or she can contact the Customer Ombudsman for an unbiased examination – free of charge. The Customer Ombudsman is appointed by the Annual General Meeting and act independently.